This post contains exercises on relative adverb (where, when, and why). To understand concepts covered in these exercises, refer to what’s relative adverb and how it’s used.
Pick the best relative adverb
In the two exercises, identify the relative adverb that would fit best in each sentence?
1. People often get lost in large organizations, _____ they become just one of the cogs in a large wheel.
2. Rare are days like these _____ nothing seems to go your way.
3. Consistent placement performance is the reason _____ our college attracts so many applicants every year.
4. How can I forget the moment _____ I stood on the podium?
5. We’ve reached a point _____ we either go all out or go bankrupt.
1. There was a moment _____ I doubted that we would win.
2. Are we heading to a place _____ we can no longer call ourselves liberal?
3. But in dialogue attribution, _____ manner adverbs are commonly used to show the manner in which the dialogue is said, even simple verbs of attribution such as said and told can work more often than not.
4. The reason _____ some people with HIV live longer are not understood well.
5. The two days at the reunion, _____ we reminisced the years gone by, were so blissful.